View Single Post
Old 08-30-2018, 07:00 PM   #56 (permalink)
Spooler
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2013 Nismo 370z
Spooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond reputeSpooler has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
You are getting a lot of stuff thrown your way and you got to have some thick skin as some people are just over the top. Most just want you to learn how to get the most pleasure and fun out of your vehicle. You have been given solid advice about tires and mechanical upgrades that will and do help with the performance of your Z as you grow your skills. My very first driving instructor at the track gave me some very sound advice that has stuck with me. He said you have awesome car and it is really fast and for many that is a problem because you want to go fast before you know how to be fast and a slower less horsepower car is generally the best way to learn. So you need to be disciplined in your learning and remember that as you get faster the consequences increase almost logarithimically. Your car will and can kill you!

I think this thread has been good for a lot of people. If you haven't been around the forum much you will quickly figure out those that have significant knowledge about our platform and you should filter your advice to those few. PM folks as most of us are glad to help as we have had much opportunity to learn ourselves and continue to do so. I hope you the best of luck and happy boooosting!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
^^^This. It has been a while since I have been in a boosted car. I will have to start slow like everyone else and see if my reactions are as fast as they use to be. This is the part that makes me a little nervous. Learning the car. You can and will make mistakes and get surprised, it is limiting those mistakes that is key.

Last edited by Spooler; 08-30-2018 at 07:17 PM.