View Single Post
Old 08-28-2018, 07:27 PM   #15 (permalink)
ZSerg
Base Member

Drives: 2015-370z-Black-Manu
ZSerg is on a distinguished road

Alright boys I'm back from my mission. The results are truly beyond what I expected to end up with.

I was going to pretty much use as many products that I already had and could be used for this project to avoid spending extra money.

Process:
Step 1
Sprayed each part with Sticky Citrus Gel Wheel & Rim Cleaner to get the dirt off.
You can use any acid free wheel cleaner for this.

Step 2
Applied Meguiar's SwirlX Liquid Automobile Wax and Polish because I heard that you can also use it on metal.
This wasn't really necessary and not really sure if it did anything but I had it so I used it.

Fun begins
Step 3
I wiped the exhaust with Eagle One Nevr-Dull.

Step 4
I applied Mother's Aluminum & Mag Polish by hand and buffed it with the Mothers power drill buffing cone.

Step 5
I applied the Mother's Aluminum & Mag Polish with a separate micro fiber towel and buffed it off by hand with a separate towel.

Thats it.

Some of the heat marks around the welds did require some thorough hand buffing with the Mothers polish.

Some spots would not come off with the Eagle One but would come off with the Mothers like those heat marks, but sometimes it was the other way round, so I had to go back and fourth. After the first exhaust part you know what product works on what area.

The results were great but it did take some time and some beer

Thanks for everyones help! Hope this helps you guys.

Last edited by ZSerg; 08-28-2018 at 07:30 PM.
ZSerg is offline   Reply With Quote