View Single Post
Old 08-23-2018, 07:38 AM   #11 (permalink)
NecioVato
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2017 Black Nismo Z
NecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond reputeNecioVato has a reputation beyond repute

I won't lie, i recently thought about trading my Z in - I have only had for like 4mo (sad I know). I think the main reason - and all my friends told me this was....going from one car to the SAME car - it won't be different enough to justify making the payments and what not. Plus I have the mod bug....soooo....my thoughts were to go with something completely different:

A Tacoma TRD Off-road - they seem to be nicely priced and optioned out - plus never had a truck and to be honest, I wouldn't mod it - to me trucks are a point A to point B type of vehicle - only thing that truck will see offroad is a dirt road or a curb haha.

The second car I considered was a Civic Type-R. Figured add a DP and a tune and it would be pushing more HP then my Z could produce going fbo (going FI isn't in the cards for my car - the cost is just too much). Plus having a backseat would be nice since the Z is my only car. The markup for it while is not what it was a year ago - I just won't pay a markup for a car, reminds me of when the Focus RS came out - it's like, 'uh, while it's a cool car - it's a Civic'

In the end, I KNEW I would regret giving up my Z for any other car. I still think about my old G35 coupe that I had over 10years ago - that was a great car and my current Z - between the wrap and 'smoked' front lights - it gets a lot of looks (especially from me haha).

Sooo...I'll probably look to add an exhaust, intake and HFC as well as a tune to get a little more HP out of it.
Like everyone here - i wish Nissan would change some things but the driving experience and the handling - they can leave it as it is. And I still find myself looking back at my car when I walk away.
NecioVato is offline   Reply With Quote