View Single Post
Old 01-28-2010, 09:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
theDreamer
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 370z
theDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond reputetheDreamer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK370Z View Post
Just saw the apple ipad video. What's your input? APPLE Ipad

Video: Click HERE

I recently went out to check these "very popular" netbooks and I must say I was unimpressed. The resolution wasn't great, I can't install all my softwares, slow etc. I have to agree with Steve on this one.

So, what's your input on the ipad?
AK, you have looked at the wrong netbooks (Newegg.com - PCs & Laptops,ASUS,Netbooks,N270(1.60GHz))
Those are not the 100% best, but you can find netbooks with HD screens, 10 hour battery life, quick CPU/GPU (note: for the size, you will not run photoshop on this), plus plenty of HDD space and memory. How do I know this, because I have been using one for almost a year now.

This is mine:
11" screen
2GB of memory
100GB hard drive
1.3 or 1.6Ghz CPU
720P display
Runs Windows XP, Vista, or 7 (I have also tested Ubuntu & OS X)
10 hours of battery life (Really more like 9)
Weights 2.25-2.5 pounds

Now I do like the Apple tablet idea, but as with most Apple gen 1 products they are just baiting you in with the first. Good start, but lacking many key features, but give it 12-16 months and we will probably get a device that is what most want or be software updated enough to.
I have found reasons this device (iPad) could replace my netbook, but I am only at 30% really, there are many features still lacking to actually replace it. While I somewhat agree netbooks are just cheap and a bit underwhelming they do fill the void more than this iPad has done so far. It lets me run what I want, for extended time, good keyboard, good screen. Only downside is at the end of the day it is still a laptop device and not a tablet device.
theDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote