View Single Post
Old 08-18-2018, 03:05 AM   #13 (permalink)
Joe@DewlaDez
Base Member

Drives: 90 300zx TT
Joe@DewlaDez is on a distinguished road

Roger that!

Yes, some setups can be a bit tedious.

Just keep in mind everyone. If you are going to dyno that you need to make sure you have adequate airflow. Ambient temperature/speed density will also play a role. You're going to want to be scientific about it and let it cool down in between runs, by a few passes, the car can be heat soaked rather quickly. The Z1 fan is huge and represents 75mph winds. The airflow must be close to the fascia to represent constant velocity. I personally went and tested the guide in a shop that only had a built in fan representative of 40-45 mph and was about 13 ft away. We gained 1whp.

I also had a customer write me today and said he tested his at 45mph and showed a zero gain. I am not certain of all the particulars, but there are so many factors involved in a part that is heavily dependent upon air speed and ambient temps. So at this point in time it is looking like we are only seeing major power benefits at higher speed levels.

The one conclusive point is that every single customer that has purchased one has said this "my car just runs better and my throttle response has improved" or "butt dyno says it is working"

So if you are going to test it, I would call Z1 and ask Jon exactly how he performed his test and then find a dyno that can support that air speed in close proximity. We can't expect the same results with different approaches to testing, it just adds more variables to an already heavily varying part.

P.S my signature logo is wayyy to bigggg!
Joe@DewlaDez is offline   Reply With Quote