View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 03:07 AM   #6 (permalink)
dts3
Track Member

Drives: 08 Expedition
dts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond reputedts3 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthArk370Z View Post
I'm with Trips - sounds like a short or other wiring problem.

The fast blinking happens when the BCM detects high resistance in the lamp circuits, eg, a burnt out lamp. LED lamps, having a higher resistance than incandescents, can also trigger fast blink mode if a parallel resistor is not used.

Fast blink mode has nothing to do with engine management. I'd start looking at wiring connectors and harnesses that have both turn signal and engine wiring. A copy of the FSM, if you can find one, will help you determine where to look.

Edit: First thing I'd do is see if any DTCs are present. If you don't have a OBD tool, you can borrow/rent one at most auto parts stores. Some stores will even walk out to the parking lot and read the codes for you.
AutoZone will print you a slip with the translated codes and some of the more common solutions to common problems (with the hope that you purchase any needed parts from them)
dts3 is offline   Reply With Quote