View Single Post
Old 08-14-2018, 01:14 AM   #5 (permalink)
SouthArk370Z
Premium Member

Drives: 2014 Challenger
SouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond reputeSouthArk370Z has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with Trips - sounds like a short or other wiring problem.

The fast blinking happens when the BCM detects high resistance in the lamp circuits, eg, a burnt out lamp. LED lamps, having a higher resistance than incandescents, can also trigger fast blink mode if a parallel resistor is not used.

Fast blink mode has nothing to do with engine management. I'd start looking at wiring connectors and harnesses that have both turn signal and engine wiring. A copy of the FSM, if you can find one, will help you determine where to look.

Edit: First thing I'd do is see if any DTCs are present. If you don't have a OBD tool, you can borrow/rent one at most auto parts stores. Some stores will even walk out to the parking lot and read the codes for you.

Last edited by SouthArk370Z; 08-14-2018 at 01:19 AM.
SouthArk370Z is offline   Reply With Quote