View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 05:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
2016 370z
Base Member

Drives: 16 370z GM 6MT
2016 370z is on a distinguished road
Default Throttle choking with left turn signal on

Hi guys,

Something very strange is happening and I wanted to see if any of you experience something like this before.

Some time ago (usually on hot days), my left turn signal would hyper blink when turned on and it would cause my throttle to choke as if it were cutting off my acceleration. If I put my foot down on the throttle when this happens, the engine will sputter and it will not accelerate. Almost as if valet mode was on. This will only happen with the left blinker on and hyper blinking. The first time this happened I thought my rear turn signal was faulty, but it worked again so I brushed it off. Soon I realized when the rear turn signal is not working, it also affects the acceleration.

The problem would go away after a few minutes of driving. The turn signal would work again and I can accelerate with the turn signal on. Until yesterday the problem did not go away and is still happening today. I am not able to accelerate with the left turn signal on and hyper blinking.

I can't imagine replacing the rear bulb would fix engine sputtering. What could possibly be happening?
2016 370z is offline   Reply With Quote