View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 04:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
StevenSlice
Track Member

Drives: Like an idiot
StevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond reputeStevenSlice has a reputation beyond repute

I run the same brakes (Carbotech XP10/XP8) without any brake ducting, and have not had any of the issues listed above.

I do have the yaw sensor mode done, and honestly its ALWAYS off because screw having the car take over when i know what im doing... Anyhow!

Do a rebleed of the system. Maybe you had bubbles in the ABS module and now theyre out and in the system roaming free, plus its never bad to bleed your brakes anyways.

Get the car up in the air, pull off the brakes and the calipers and do a nice look over. Are the seals shot, are the pistons damaged at all, are your guide pin/clips tweaked at all?( I mention this because i had a shimmy of sorts, and it was my front passenger side bracket/clip thingy that managed to bend itself. Threw it on a vice and hit it with a hammer and problem solved)

Warped rotors are a possibility from how you describe your driving, honestly with carbotechs they arent friendly, i quite hate them after having them for a number of trackdays and i will not be going back.

Just take a weekend and check over your system and it may be something small thats just causing a world of issues on track, because on your daily drive youre not driving the car hard enough to warrant them to appear.