View Single Post
Old 08-12-2018, 06:33 AM   #26 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
It appears from your pics that it's a pretty well made product. Mine's suppose to be delivered on Monday so I'll be using your write up to do that part of the assembly. Hopefully SOHO gets the set up instructions from Coolerworx soon. Thanks for the write up.
I've finished my install and was able to get the instructions directly from Coolerworx (also got assistance from Nik @ Soho so shoutout to him helping out on his day off). I'm pretty much done aside from buttoning everything up so you probably won't need the instructions lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTM88 View Post
damn that is a sexy looking shifter. I told myself I don't need a short throw for my z, but if that performs as well as it looks I think I need it. Does everything install from the top?
No, unfortunately not. A decent bit of work is required under the car so if you have access to a lift I'd definitely recommend using it. I just had my jack and jack stands and was able to accomplish everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
You're going to be under the car for a moment to disconnect the shifter from the linkage, just like any other short throw shifter. Its a boot to temporarily pull back and a single bolt to remove, and then you put those two items back. There's plenty of room under the car to get to those items, at least compared to doing other things on these cars.
Unfortunately, this one required a bit more work than my TWM (although most of it was figuring out what I needed to do). Thankfully, I've done all the hard work for you all

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
The hardest part is getting that damn boot back on.
Haha... no
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote