View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
redondoaveb
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2014 Nismo Gunmetal
redondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond reputeredondoaveb has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStyle View Post
I could be wrong, but one would think that if you have to engage it for the lever to move that far over in the gate, it would have to be done for all gears past that point (i.e. 5/6/R) or if not, and it was only done for 5th, what's keeping you from inadvertently shifting from 5th to Reverse instead of 6th unless there's a way to lockout multiple gears? Not very likely to happen, but the lockout mechanism exists for a reason...
That's a good point. I know it has fully adjustable lock out pins for each gear so what I'm concerned about shouldn't be an issue anyway. I was reading the description on SOHO's website and it says "each shift has fully adjustable gear lock out pins which prevent you from accidently selecting the wrong gear during usage, this can be set up for race applications, preventing 5th gear from being selected"

Are they saying that you could lock out 5th and 6th so only the first four gears would be usable?
Fast Intentions "Stage Seb" twin turbo #098- Specialty Z/Tial-Xonarotor/CJM/Ecutek/HKS/KW/SPL/Hotchkis/Rohana/Toyo
700+whp
redondoaveb is offline   Reply With Quote