View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 09:29 PM   #15 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

I could be wrong, but one would think that if you have to engage it for the lever to move that far over in the gate, it would have to be done for all gears past that point (i.e. 5/6/R) or if not, and it was only done for 5th, what's keeping you from inadvertently shifting from 5th to Reverse instead of 6th unless there's a way to lockout multiple gears? Not very likely to happen, but the lockout mechanism exists for a reason...

EDIT: Thanks for the link. Not much of it is cross-compatible with our cars however it did show me how to setup the stop nuts. I'll post how I assembled mine so far when I go home on lunch... hopefully it's correct although taking it apart is easy once you do it a few times.

Last edited by NorthStyle; 08-09-2018 at 09:48 PM.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote