View Single Post
Old 08-09-2018, 05:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by redondoaveb View Post
I contacted Matt at SOHO. He responded right away and has reached out to Coolerworx to provide instructions. He's going to contact me when he receives some information.

Also, I was looking at an installation tutorial on a bmw site and the one they installed they set it up to where you had to pull up on the collar to access 5th gear just like you have to do when accessing reverse. That way there is no way to accidently shift into fifth when shifting to third. That would be great if the 370z shifter can be set up the same way. I wouldn't want to lock out 6th though because you could accidently shift into reverse.
Mind sharing the link to the tutorial you found? I "think" I assembled it properly but any extra information is better than none lol.

As for locking out 5th, seems like a bad idea for the Z considering on BMWs their Reverse is located near 1st and ours is near 6th. Chances are, if you have to engage the lockout to go into 5th, you'd have to do it for 6th as well and you'd be introducing that accidental shift factor.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote