View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 12:05 PM   #2077 (permalink)
CRiZO
Track Member

Drives: in traffic
CRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond repute

Had the Rev9 dual exhaust installed this morning. It was $350 shipped and I hope that makes you angry. I'm happy to pay for quality, but I just had to try it since I was considering the HKS Hi-Power for 3x the price.

It's 304 stainless with mandrel bends and the shop commented that the flanges and hardware/gaskets provided were nice ones. The welds and build quality looked really good to me. They said it installed very easily and lined up without a problem.

Chose Rev9 since it looked to be nicer than the other ones on eBay, didn't like how others put the helmholtz resonator's bracket on the bottom. This one puts it on top like HKS does. Also prefer dual walled stainless tips vs the single walled titanium. Was well packaged and shipped from California to Texas without issue.

I was ready to hate it and buy the "real" exhaust, but... it's pretty nice. I'm very pleasantly surprised. Nice rumble at idle, no drone, quite when cruising, loud WOT, a little gargling on the overrun, but it's still breaking in so will see.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2018-08-08-09.27.13.jpg (788.7 KB, 29 views)
CRiZO is offline   Reply With Quote