View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 06:40 AM   #6 (permalink)
JARblue
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 11 Z34, 98 E36 M3
JARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond reputeJARblue has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
I chose a ram air system on the fact that no studies were able to prove an actual cooler engine intake temp.
Logic would dictate that unprotected, metal tube, short ram air intakes are going to heat soak worse than the plastic OEM intakes or any other cold air intake option on the market. No study needed.

And I agree with Option. IATs don't mean a thing without some context - you should be comparing your temps relative to ambient air to determine how much heat sock you are experiencing. Also, as Chuck mentions, the big problem with heat soak in this car is the increase in temps while stopped (i.e. at a light or in traffic) - you shouldn't have too much problems at speed.

Also 85-98 degrees on the track is an excessive range for something you claim to be average temperatures.

2011 370Z 6MT Sport Gun Metallic | ARC | CJM | Ecutek | FI | Fujimura | R2C | SPL | Stillen | TWM | Z1 | ZSpeed |
JARblue is offline   Reply With Quote