View Single Post
Old 08-08-2018, 01:56 AM   #3 (permalink)
ByThaBay
Base Member

Drives: 2015 370z
ByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond reputeByThaBay has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cranberry View Post
Gentlmen,

First off, before people go crazy with the “search the topic” response, i did a thorough search but couldnt find this topic in the same aspect of what i am about to ask.

I chose a ram air system on the fact that no studies were able to prove an actual cooler engine intake temp. On track running at 4500-7500 rpm for 20 minutes i am running an average of 85 degrees to 98 degrees. On street i see 68 - 72.

Has anyone actually seen there intake temp readings off an OBD reader or dyno while running actual cold air intakes? Im not looking for “my engine feels better” or purly non data proven answers. Just factual evidence that a cold air system actually is producing a serious diffrence in intake temp.

Im asking because the heat soak seems to be my biggist issue right now but i cant find any applications that can validate the upgrade will in fact produce lower intake tempretures.

Anyone with experience on the topic that can help me out, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
I tune the 370z platform on ecutek. There is a table in the ecu that compensates for intake air temps and pulls timing based on the temperature. The factory implementation does similar things but relies more heavily on knock correction in real-time. PM me and we can chat more.
ByThaBay is offline   Reply With Quote