View Single Post
Old 08-07-2018, 08:26 AM   #7 (permalink)
Ghostvette
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 Magma Red 6MT
Ghostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond reputeGhostvette has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desert Rat View Post
define "Loose". Isn't it just where the switch goes bad? Is there a separate switch on both pedals? Figured it was on the clutch pedal only....
There are actually 2 switches, one on the clutch and one on the brake. This is where the FSM will come in handy, it will help you identify which one is which on the clutch and brake pedal and it will have directions on how to adjust them.

Given the mileage on your car, it's doubtful that the switches have gone bad. I've got 71k on my Z, and I've not had an issue, but I've had other cars that have had this problem. In every case, it has been the switch on either the brake pedal or the clutch pedal that has gotten loose (either backed out or the jam nut has loosened up) or the rubber pad in either pedal has fallen off. Good luck.