View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:10 PM   #7419 (permalink)
Leingod
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: In Circles
Leingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond reputeLeingod has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty View Post
Who did you piss off?
Training for telecom stuff. It's fun, but tedious. And my eye sight already isn't the greatest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunk View Post
I had a job where the customer was too cheap to buy patch cables. 60 patch cables. Ok, Ill make the cables. I have not the greatest eye sight, and meticulous and take my time with the RJ45's. Ended up costing them more by me charging my hourly rate to make the cables than if they just paid for them.

Im so glad now I have customers who dont question me hiring a data company to do all the new runs and ordering quality cables.
I can do crossover, patch, and t1 all day without much struggle. Memorizing a 25 pair in different groups and then splitting them is a whole new territory for me.

Primary: white, red, black, yellow, violet
Secondary: blue, orange, green, brown, slate

And we are dealing with quad pairs. So 100 strands per setup. 4 lines per row. It's a mess. Got thrown right into the fire. An least white and black are easy enough for me. Hahaha