View Single Post
Old 08-06-2018, 05:21 AM   #12 (permalink)
Chasingstatus
Base Member

Drives: N/A
Chasingstatus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zingston View Post
I had to look up some images on that one. Dam, that's a sweet ride!!!

I've been considering a street bike for a while... just to cruise around on once In a while. Looking at the Kawi Vulcans. Either 650 or the 900.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioYJ View Post
Any codes at all? I assume you aren't lucky enough to have a self diagnosis mode? On my R6, I can go through a diagnostic mode and cycle through sensors and solenoids, and see what they are reading.

My R6 is throttle by wire, which I'm assuming your ZX6R is. On my bike it has two TPS sensors, one for the throttle cable, one for throttle bodies to monitor the throttle blades. They have to be adjusted within a certain range of each other. If they are are out at all they set a code immediately, if they out too much, the entire throttle system shuts down. Either way there will be a spec for the TPS sensors and they can be checked with an ohm meter. Even if you don't have a spec, sticking an ohm meter on there may tell you something, the transition should be nice and smooth in both directions, on both sides.

On the R6 the main line that goes between the tank and fuel lines is easy to kink, and once it does it collapses. Perhaps something to look for on yours?

A coil on most modern bikes usually sets codes too, but not always. Does it feel like it a miss, or just it running out of fuel?

I saw the slip-on, no fuel management device on this right? I had my Power Commander shutting off my lower injectors once thanks to a firmware glitch, made my R6 sound almost like a Harley for a moment, luckily it didn't happen at high RPMs.
No that's the craziest thing not one FI light has been set off. I wish these systems were just as finicky as OBD2. The fuel line being kinked is extremely common. the TPS are both like $114 together and then throttle body assembly used is like $50. Turns out a good multimeter is just as good as a scan tool with a car. I 100% experience the Harley sound when my injectors were clogged. I didn't know if I bought a power commander if it would hide the problem or fix it... all I know is this self-diagnose mode you're talking about for an R6 sounds pretty desirable Currently.