View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 11:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
PainlesShadow
Base Member

Drives: 2015-370Z-SW-7AT
PainlesShadow is on a distinguished road
Default OEM Looking 370Z Nismo DRL's Project

Hey all!

I've just recently completed my front and rear Nismo conversion on my 370Z with the EVO-R DLR's, however after 2 weeks of having them installed im already unhappy with them, Just find the CS and EVO-R look just not appealing. After getting the OEM prices from Nissan I think its insane for them to want $1000 (Aussie $) per side where as other cars DRL's are like $250-$500... I have decided to try and make my own "OEM style" DRL's to try and get that look without the ridiculous cost. I have seen some other users on the forums use other car DRL's and retrofit them just for their cars however I am looking at using some basic aftermarket lights with 3D printable mounting bracket to allow other users to be able to buy the lights from eBay or AliExpress and print the brackets at home, cutting most of the cost for people.

What I am planning to do firstly is get the measurements for the mounting points and the DRL hole in the bumper. Then I will mock up a bracket and trial some aftermarket DRL's and then do a full write up on it and upload the file for people to make it aswell! I am currently away on business for 2 weeks so if anyone can get me the measurements and some pictures in advance I can get the brackets made as soon as I get back home. If anyone is keen on something like this please let me know so I know its worth the time!

Cheers!

Picture for Attention
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 38411692_10156619220876602_890687874008088576_n.jpg (146.9 KB, 135 views)

Last edited by PainlesShadow; 08-05-2018 at 11:43 PM.
PainlesShadow is offline   Reply With Quote