View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 07:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
OhioYJ
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 2016 370Z
OhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond reputeOhioYJ has a reputation beyond repute

Any codes at all? I assume you aren't lucky enough to have a self diagnosis mode? On my R6, I can go through a diagnostic mode and cycle through sensors and solenoids, and see what they are reading.

My R6 is throttle by wire, which I'm assuming your ZX6R is. On my bike it has two TPS sensors, one for the throttle cable, one for throttle bodies to monitor the throttle blades. They have to be adjusted within a certain range of each other. If they are are out at all they set a code immediately, if they out too much, the entire throttle system shuts down. Either way there will be a spec for the TPS sensors and they can be checked with an ohm meter. Even if you don't have a spec, sticking an ohm meter on there may tell you something, the transition should be nice and smooth in both directions, on both sides.

On the R6 the main line that goes between the tank and fuel lines is easy to kink, and once it does it collapses. Perhaps something to look for on yours?

A coil on most modern bikes usually sets codes too, but not always. Does it feel like it a miss, or just it running out of fuel?

I saw the slip-on, no fuel management device on this right? I had my Power Commander shutting off my lower injectors once thanks to a firmware glitch, made my R6 sound almost like a Harley for a moment, luckily it didn't happen at high RPMs.
OhioYJ is offline   Reply With Quote