View Single Post
Old 08-05-2018, 07:49 AM   #24 (permalink)
Erob
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Silver 370Z AT
Erob is on a distinguished road

Fellas I greatly appreciate all of the input. In reference to the most recent post; even though I agonize when I push the top button like many Z owners, I put the top up when I'm not driving it. I've also heard by leaving any soft top down, for extended periods of time, the fabric can "shrink" putting a greater amount of pressure on the system when it's finally closed. I'm not for certain if that's true but it's worth considering.

I realize no mechanical convertible system is full proof but I also can't imagine any other mechanical system is more expensive to repair than ours.... I'm talking about stealership prices. I guess I'm just considering if there is a modern day built, 300 - 400 HP, reasonably priced sporty convertible that is dependable BOTH mechanically and top wise. Mechanically the Z is spectacular but the top... not so much.

Unfortunately after reading everyone's replies it appears no car exists that is consistently dependable in both areas. Please don't think I'm looking for the million mile problem free convertible sports car, it doesn't exist. Everything has a set number of cycles before it breaks -- I get that. But if there is a reasonably priced convertible sports car out there that is more dependable, both mechanically and top, I'd like to consider it. As typing this I believe the best thing Nissan could do is manufacture the Z mechanically as it does now AND make the soft top manual. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS!! But that's not going to happen.

Thanks again. For now I guess I'll be keeping my Z and splash Holy Water on it every time I cycle the top. I do like it tremendously. At the same time I won't stop looking.
Erob is offline   Reply With Quote