Thread: Braking bad...
View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 11:08 AM   #1 (permalink)
Skipperdoodle
Base Member

Drives: 40th anniv. 370Z
Skipperdoodle is on a distinguished road
Default Braking bad...

Hey guys!

So I’ve done a couple of track days and mountain runs with my Z since purchasing it in April. I have noticed some very odd things while under braking. Not necessarily hard braking, or consistent locations. Sometimes when I’m entering a corner the fronts will trigger the anti lock system and I’m not even on the brakes that hard. Other times I’m in the brakes hard and deep and the car brakes real nice. It’s not a consistent experience at all. My car is stock, with the exception of slotted front rotors and Motul RBF 600. I have no idea what kind of pads are in it, there is lots of meat on the pads still and I’m not going to replace them for better pads until they’re gone. I’m running bf Goodrich comp 2 a/s tires. I know they’re not great at all, but the dealer slapped them on new when I bought the car. So again, I’m not replacing them with something better until they’re wasted.

Usually when it triggers, I have to just deal with the resulting understeer by mashing the gas to get the rear to swing around. (which is one thing the Z does really, really well imo)

It’s my opinion that the electric nannying in our cars is far too invasive. The traction control system cuts in at the littlest bit of slip and the abs triggers whenever it wants. I’ve read some threads about ice mode triggering and I wondering if that’s what I am experiencing. Is there any way to just shut down anti lock? Help, questions and comments are all appreciated thanks in advance guys!
Skipperdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote