Thread: key fob battery
View Single Post
Old 08-03-2018, 05:39 PM   #5 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dts3 View Post
Can you give a little more info about the continuous signal? I never realized this. I'm surprised the coin batteries last as long as they do with this going on
If it does send a signal, I do not know the details, and I'm not sure if the fob does in fact send a continuous signal at all.

I seem to remember a Tech saying something about it, but I may have heard wrong or misunderstood. The way I took it was, for example; in order to be able to operate the car in any way, the fob must be close by, like when opening the top from outside of the car.

But, maybe the car sends a signal to the fob instead. But one way or another, such as opening the top from outside of the car, the car has to recognize the fob.

Who talks to who; that I don't know.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote