View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 11:08 PM   #20 (permalink)
OptionZero
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 15 370Z Nismo 6MT
OptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond reputeOptionZero has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchammond View Post
If your spacers are as thick as you posted (1.5"F & 1.25"R)(38mm & 32mm), then you have turned your base wheels into 18x8+5,18x9-17
Quote:
more negative camber will give you wheel lean...Roughly 1/2" per degree.
Factory specs have the rear wheels negative camber'd twice as much as front.
Quote:
So, I have 1.5 inch spacers in the back and 1.25 inch in the front, I’m wanting to go up to 245/40/18 in the front and 275/45/18 in the back and also wanting some concave aftermarket wheels. Im not exactly sure how the whole offset thing works and how the spacers affect it, what should I be looking for in a wheel in terms of width and offset for it to look right and not throw everything off?

As amusing as it is to watch this keep going, everyone's making this so much harder than it needs to be, including our clueless thread starter

Instead of ******* around with spacer math (which really . . . isn't that hard)

TAKE OFF THE SPACERS

YOU ARE ALREADY BUYING NEW WHEELS

DUMP THE SPACERS

GET WHEELS IN THE SIZE AND OFFSET YOU WANT

Dig through the wheel threads

Find a look that you like

Copy the sizes

Find a wheel you like

Get the nearest possible sizes

Buy those wheels and tires and whatever other ****

Install

Done

its REALLY simple

given that you don't seem to understand wheel sizing and you're asking about 18's, i'm going to assume an aggressive setup involving coilovers and suspension arms and custom alignment and fenderwork is more than you're looking for

so just copy someone on springs and shocks and be done with it