View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 04:37 PM   #15 (permalink)
Erob
Base Member

Drives: 2010 Silver 370Z AT
Erob is on a distinguished road

I'm surprised that so far the overwhelming consensus is "Stay away from the Mercedes". From what I've read they're very reliable. Maybe I'm missing something, that's why I posted this thread. Thanks!!

As for the hard top being made for the Z, it's like Bunk said.....gotta take it off before leaving home. I actually discussed that in my original post.

I agree the Honda is dated, wish I could afford a Porsche.

I never really considered an Audi, never heard good things about them so I shied away from that direction. I also considered a Camaro, not much of a Ford guy.

I got to say, for the money Nissan offers ALOT of car in the 370Z..... if it weren't for the stupidly expensive and unreliable top!!!

I don't plan on buying a new car, 3- 5 years old is perfectly fine with me as long as the maintenance history is solid and the miles are under 50K. Not unreasonable for a convertible considering where it's lived life.

My budget.... I bought my Z two yrs ago for $16K. It had just over 40K mi on it and was in perfect shape. Yep - right place at the right time. I'd like to stay at $20K or under. Perhaps that is not realistic.

Thanks again for the input.

Last edited by Erob; 08-02-2018 at 04:44 PM. Reason: adding comment
Erob is offline   Reply With Quote