View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 12:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
babyzilla
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 15 Nismo Tech 6MT
babyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond reputebabyzilla has a reputation beyond repute

I know I'm somewhat avoiding your main question, but have you thought about the miata? Mechanical rooftop which takes 2 seconds to close and open. There's no electronic system to go bad (unless of course you get the RF model). It's a lot smaller than the Z, but I'm assuming if you're looking into the SLK the size isn't an issue. I'm sure the majority of forum members here will agree that the miata is better than the SLK. I've personally driven a friend's miata and thought it was a blast. The MT was great and although I'm not a big convertible guy, I actually enjoyed it. It was a hoot to drive. I just couldn't get over the smaller size and the underwhelming engine sound (compared to the Z). Plus, the wife loves the nismo more than anything else. Just something to think about...
babyzilla is offline   Reply With Quote