View Single Post
Old 08-02-2018, 11:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
NorthStyle
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2011 370Z Nismo
NorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond reputeNorthStyle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonVQdude View Post
I’ve seen the thread, but almost none of them say if they are running spacers or not. And if they are it’s not the same size as mine. My main question is how are the spacers going to affect the offset
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClemsonVQdude View Post
Well I’m going for a flush, concave look. The spacers already make it almost completely flush. Just want the wheel wells filled with tire and the wheels to dip inwards
First, 90% of the setups on those threads are not using spacers. With a properly sized wheel/tire setup they are unnecessary.

Second, if you're going for a "flush, concave look" the stock wheels aren't going to cut it regardless of how much you space them out. You'll only have it flush, at best. Also, I'm not sure why you're asking how the spacers are going to affect the offset. They will do the same thing on any setup you use similar to what they are doing on your current setup: lower it. However, if you did not know that (raising vs lowering the offset) then my apologies and now you know.

Finally, when you say "wheel wells filled with tire" do you mean you want a meaty tire setup, or do you want the tires to be stretched? Also, are you trying to stay with 18s or go up in size to a 19 or 20 (or some combination)? Do you want a staggered front/rear setup or do you plan to run a square setup? I do know that a 245/275 tire setup is pretty weak for these vehicles and isn't really going to fill out the wheel wells unless you're running an aggressive offset wheel.

By "wheels dip inwards" I'm going to assume you mean having negative camber? This has to do with suspension setup. You didn't mention if your car is lowered or not, and if so, by what method?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nizzan4u2nv View Post
That is going to require research on your part. Concavity is dependent on wheel design. Go through the wheel fitment threads, find something you like and mimic it.
This. As you can see above, I'm just shooting in the dark. I'd go through those threads (again) and find one you want and mimic it as said by nizzan4u2nv. If you find one and the specs aren't listed, I'd post a picture of the one in question and ask if anyone knows the specs in one of the wheel fitment threads.
NorthStyle is offline   Reply With Quote