View Single Post
Old 07-31-2018, 03:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Quicksilvers
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2017 370z
Quicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond reputeQuicksilvers has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by xsamis View Post
So should i buy a used engine with the vin number ending in A for the 370z? I guess my question is, is the Z and G motor the exact same thing in terms of internals, power, how it fits, etc etc, because a G motor is literly half the price of a Z motor... Maybe im overthinking it
The VQ37HR engine in the 370Z and G37 is the same engine the only difference I know of I talked to a Nissan engineer before about the differences between the 370Z and G37 models and Nissan made the tuning parameters and values more aggressive in the 370Z and slightly more conservative tuning in the G37 other then that it is the same. Be careful purchasing a used engine as you want to purchase a used engine from a reputable source and know the last recorded mileage before the engine was removed from the vehicle and the possibility of determining the history behind the engine. Try to find a used engine with some what lower mileage would be recommended. Others I know and myself have purchased short blocks and long blocks from IPP with success. IPP has a lot of experience with the VQ37HR platform. There are also a lot of other vendors out there as well if you search.
Quicksilvers is offline   Reply With Quote