View Single Post
Old 03-02-2009, 05:36 PM   #27 (permalink)
subterfuge242
Base Member

Drives: Black 09 Lexus IS350
subterfuge242 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman View Post
I can't speak to the S FL market, but if you can, I'd wait until your lease is up in July and get a 370Z then. Whenever a dealer knows you are trading something in, they'll screw you one way or another. Either on the price of your new car, payments, interest rate, etc.

If you can wait, do so. Nothing gets to a dealer more than walking out, leaving your number, and telling them to call you once they get their 'stuff' together. Invoice should be attainable in these markets. I always feel the dealers need to make some profit besides their hold-back, and $500 on this car is more than reasonable, but I see many folks on this website getting it at invoice. Again, this is your personal choice on what you want to pay.

In Maryland, there is a CARMAX that is selling new 370Z's over $3,500 below MSRP, which equated to slightly below invoice. I printed this out and used it for negotiations at a local Nissan dealer and they matched the price plus another $100. Do some research on the internet and relax. Don't rush into anything that will give you buyer's remorse. The 370Z is a fabulous car, but it's not going anywhere. They'll be plenty of Z's on dealers lots in the coming months. Just my opinion of course.

That's good advice all around. Having a CARMAX nearby provides great leverage during negotiations as I have also found out. I went to the one near Dulles and got a quote down to about $200 over invoice for a Touring/Nav/AT.

Additionally, we are barely into March guys and by mid-May these prices are only going to be getting lower. Getting a 370Z for near invoice shouldn't be a big problem considering the current market we are in.
subterfuge242 is offline   Reply With Quote