View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 03:28 PM   #465 (permalink)
sx moneypit
Premium Member

Drives: 2010 370Z PG 6 spd
sx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond reputesx moneypit has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheee! View Post
Well, I changed the rear wheel bearing on the driver side due to a “roaring” sound while cruising.

Sound persisted so I inspected the rear diff and found clean oil and smooth operation. Synthetic fluid is in it as well.

I changed the front wheel bearing next thinking the noise is rotational and coming from somewhere on the left side, but still no luck!

My next best guess is the CV shaft needs replacing, but that’s all that I can think of that’s causing this noise. Very strange.

Thoughts?
Did the same thing on my late Wife's 300ZX and it ended being the passenger side bearing.I don't think it is going to be an axle as i tried that too.
sx moneypit is offline   Reply With Quote