View Single Post
Old 07-25-2018, 10:22 AM   #12 (permalink)
ChopsZ
Track Member

Drives: 2016 370Z GM 6MT
ChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond reputeChopsZ has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW Z-Boy View Post
Why do we want this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because racecar!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jax4557 View Post
I just had seb do mine and think I got the hang of it. With VDC off use throttle to the desired speed and then let off, get back on throttle roughly 10% and hold and it will pop and gurgle? while the car decels, it appears its set to ignore the first 10% of the peddle in a predefined pattern for the pop and bangs..

ALSO if anyone is looking for rolling antilag/launch I have some possible good news from ecutek...
I just asked Seb about the "burble/pop/flame" thing a couple weeks ago (not knowing about this thread). He sent me a new tune to try out that works across all of the existing tunes, which is the one you mentioned here.

It works, and I manage to get some incredible pops, bangs and sometimes huge fireballs that last for 4 to 5 seconds at times. A couple of times, I've seen the very tip of the flames in my back window! No joke!

Anyway, even though I love the effects of this tune, because it IS very effective, I don't particularly care for the way you have to apply it. If you need to decelerate, you either downshift and coast or start hitting the brakes, NOT applying throttle.

I would much rather this tune do all of the popping and crackling and flamage without having to do nothing more than simply dropping a gear and the car/ECU doing the rest, or even doing all of that while in the same gear as long as you're high enough up in rpms.

If Jaguar can do it from the factory on their F-Type's, and if other tuners on other vehicles can do it, I see no reason why it can't be done with our motors and ECUTek. I am NOT saying that Seb is incapable. Not saying that at all. He's one of the best out there.

The rolling anti-lag/launch thing would be pretty cool as well, especially if you don't need forced induction to do it.

Also, to answer the question as to why someone would want the burble/flame tune on their car?..

I wanted it because it makes the car seem a bit more serious, that it means business and is not just "slow and show" as some like to think about the Z. Which it AIN'T slow either.