View Single Post
Old 07-24-2018, 03:50 PM   #55 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute
Default steering lock fix

After reading what seemed like a million posts, I've decided to buy the harness by-pass cable from Car Kit.

But I do have a question; is there a difference between cutting the brown wire, which essentially is what the by-pass cable does, and pulling the fuse?

I ask this because of one of the posts I read that reported problems that resulted after pulling the fuse.

It said, in at least one reported case, that with pulling the fuse, the passenger air bag, and or, the child safety seat may not work properly.

And also that there was a slight delay from when the start button was pushed, and the engine actually cranked over, but stated that it doesn't happen all the time, and the delay is short.

So, is there a difference in the circuit flow / operation between cutting the brown wire, and pulling the fuse?

I'd appreciate some clarity on this from someone who's more tech savvy regarding this issue than I am. Thanks.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote