View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 10:56 AM   #516 (permalink)
DLSTR
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 21Supra 2.0/22 M240i
DLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond reputeDLSTR has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber370 View Post
I dunno, but I'm not convinced that the BMW involvement is a good thing as far as excitement and reliability is concerned. I mean the only reason Toyota went with the BMW partnership was to save development costs. That does not sound like the same Toyota that developed the revolutionary Lexus LFA. I don't even know why they couldn't of just used some of their Lexus know-how to come up with something uniquely Toyota? Anyways, we'll soon see what all the fuss is about once the new Supra hits the streets. I just hope it'll be more Toyota than BMW. But it does not look that way.
It does not matter about the issue of co-development via BMW. The car will not be sold in great numbers in some markets. Given the taste of boxes people have now vs cars, the liability will be first on Toyota with respect to warranty claims on all the parts BMW or not. Its being sold as a Toyota.

There will be arrangements for cost recovery for specific BMW parts that one will not hear about overtly. Risk sharing is the norm given total developments costs that are quite high now to bring something to market.
DLSTR is offline   Reply With Quote