View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 10:36 AM   #51 (permalink)
Hi-Step'n370Z
Enthusiast Member

Drives: '10ZR S/B AT Tour NV
Hi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond reputeHi-Step'n370Z has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUtigers370z View Post
Figured I would create a master DIY thread for the different steering wheel lock fixes.

bdl99's awesome plug-and-play harness for those that would rather not cut the wire and risk voiding warranty..

Steering Lock: cut one wire. /switch optional

http://www.carkitcompany.com/nissan-370z/steering-lock-harness[/B]]Steering Lock Harness - Car Kit Company
-------------------------------------------

To me, this seems like the perfect fix, and for only $50.00.

Since most of the effected Z's are now out of warranty anyway, I'd be concerned about Auto Insurance coverage in case of anything related to the disconnection of an anti theft device.

However, having said that; I would like to find out if a wire harness from the 2012, where Nissan simply omitted the lock altogether, would be an even better fix, as there wouldn't be a lock at all, even though disconnected electrically, that could somehow jar itself into lock position. I imagine this is not possible, but wanted to mention it in regard to the more tech savvy Forum members analysis.

I'd like to know if they just added a section to replace the lock connectors, or if the new replaced harness is full length piece, and how difficult would it be to install, and if the 2012 harness wiring will even work in the older Z's.

Last edited by Hi-Step'n370Z; 07-22-2018 at 10:40 AM.
Hi-Step'n370Z is offline   Reply With Quote