View Single Post
Old 07-22-2018, 01:48 AM   #14 (permalink)
RN SHARK
Track Member

Drives: 09 370Z, 14 SRT GC
RN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond reputeRN SHARK has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by markesc View Post
I really wish there was a High Heat version of a quick detailer that didn't streak upon drying.

I have a billion layers of wax on my car, and it's sadly now parked outside, so it gets wiped down usually 1-2x per day or every other day.

With the heat of the summer/car baking outside, I find myself eager to wipe it down and get any small bird droppings removed.

So far I've tried CG synthetic quick detailer (pink mixture); So far this has worked best with minimal streaking, but not perfect. Also have that other CG Hybrid V7.... it loves to streak quite often if sprayed directly onto the paint. It does require more buffing than I'd like, sometimes it does/sometimes it doesn't. It's fairly inconsistent.

So, does anyone have a product that's not some insane $75+ cost for us simple folk that works in high heat that will be used often? Almost seems like it's going to be car cover time for me!

Ultimately this may be the best solution: https://www.z1motorsports.com/z1-pro...er-p-5956.html

Anyone own? any suggestions on car covers?
Please don’t wipe your car down 1-2x/day, as you are only inducing swirls and RIDS, even with a lubricant. Plus, you would have to be going through so many premium quality microfiber towels per week, it would be a full time job just to wash them. You need to start accepting your car will get dusty and dirty outside. I agree on removing bird droppings asap, but don’t wipe the whole car.
As far as a car cover, this will also scratch the finish on an outdoor car. Layers of wax do not prevent scratches. Ceramic coatings help, but not guaranteed. I use the OEM stretch indoor only cover on my Z, but very rarely. Only when I know it has just been washed and dust-free as possible, and I won’t be driving the Z for quite some time. And even then, I go to great lengths to keep the inside layer of the car cover clean and free of contamination, like from folding it onto the outside layer.
Long story short, it’s a car. It gets dusty and dirty. And yes, I even show my car and have won awards. Detailing is a very involved hobby for me and I enjoy it, but I still track my Z and understand it gets dirty. I can’t always control that. But I can control when and how I touch my paint.
That’s just my thoughts...
RN SHARK is offline   Reply With Quote