View Single Post
Old 07-21-2018, 07:35 PM   #11 (permalink)
CRiZO
Track Member

Drives: in traffic
CRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond reputeCRiZO has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by cv129 View Post
I believe Crizo has an automatic and his profile says he drives "in traffic". After fixing the pad deposit, just learn to be mindful on how hard you are pressing on the brake pedal when car is not in motion. Perhaps switch to neutral during longer red lights to allow for a much lighter brake pressure (or neutral plus light hand brake). Especially in the hot Texas summer.

I've never had this problem with pad deposit in automatic cars.
That may be it as it's my first automatic. It comes back pretty much no matter how careful and light I am. The heat lately and how bad traffic has gotten is very likely the culprit. I've driven in it for years though with a similar braking setup Mazdaspeed3 without issue so it's all just weird to me. I definitely have to ride the brakes in the Z though thanks to the automatic and traffic being slower than a first gear cruise. Luckily that's only an issue for about another month before my schedule changes.

I'll update once I check the brakes out. It's been like 100 in the garage so I'm happy with some shakin' for now lol.

It's super minimal shake now, more of just a rough feeling rotor, and feels more like buildup than warped after getting the wheels balanced. Dallas streets knocked my wheel weights off it seems
CRiZO is offline   Reply With Quote