View Single Post
Old 07-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #28 (permalink)
harman.khinda
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370 PG 7AT
harman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigaudiofanat View Post
Where is your amp located?
I set the gains to V=sqr(100watts*4ohms)=20V using 1khz tone.

The passenger speaker is blown. Either that or the amp is putting out distortion. I had it on high volume and then backed down on the volume because of distortion but it is blown. The driver side one sounds fine. The driver side one is the older speaker.

I'm kind of scared to damage the amp since its kinda expensive when you're a college student.

So far the ground reads near zero resistance and that's checking from the end of the cable that's connected to the amp. I took a DMM and measured the resistance between the ground cable and the negative battery post and it was really low. The ground looks good it's tightly held in place.

I retightend the crimps using an actual crimping tool today.

I moved the ground to a better spot with a bolt that I sanded down. The bolt and spot was painted so I sanded it down some. It still gets warm fast so I will sand it some more just to be sure.

I'm going open up the door panels to make sure the wire connecting to the speakers is properly fixed in place.

I honestly don't think these are the issues but I have no idea what it could be. Maybe this amp is just supposed to run hot?

Last edited by harman.khinda; 07-20-2018 at 03:24 PM.
harman.khinda is offline   Reply With Quote