Thread: wet seat belt
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2018, 08:13 PM   #2 (permalink)
gbhrps
Base Member

Drives: 2016 RDSTR TS 6spd
gbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond reputegbhrps has a reputation beyond repute

gsx95,

Years ago I had a similar situation with a 77 Corvette, no water visible but the seat belt was soaking wet the more I pulled it out of its retractor well in the floor of the B pillar. I traced the water egress to the weatherstripping at the back edge of the driver's window glass.

Yours will be similar, in that water is getting by some seal and finding its way into the floor well where the seat belt retracts. The only way to find out where will be to pull the inside panels beside and behind the driver's seat and the floor threshold, peel back the carpeting and see what you find.

You may even have to sit in the car on the passenger side with the top up, and the driver's seat forward after pulling those panels, etc. Then have someone direct a water hose off the roof of the car while you watch to see where the water comes in. Been there, done that.

Gene
gbhrps is offline   Reply With Quote