View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 11:35 PM   #24 (permalink)
harman.khinda
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370 PG 7AT
harman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
Active crossovers are considered to be better because of the amount of control they give you over your seperate components, as well as the small amount of power loss that is adherent to using passives.... A true active setup must come through a processor, whether it be outboard, or built into your head unit. using the crossovers on your amp, in my opinion, is just not worth the effort it takes to set crossover points correctly, as well as levels, for your particular speakers. the passive does all that for you, at the points the manufacturer recommends for the speakers.
Without processing, I'd leave the passives on.
Thanks man I'll probably leave as is unless I get a dsp.

One problem I'm still having is that my amp is burning hot when playing. I've checked the ground for resistance and its good. I'm at a loss of why? Intuitively I just feel that the amp is too hot for just running two channels. People always talk about cool class D and this is uncomfortably hot but no therm protect. I know the gains I set are under what they should be because I checked with test tones and it is still a humm and I never even went close to buzz. When the HU is on pause I hear slight white noise through the speakers that I didnt notice before. I dont know much about amps but I would expect them to be near silent when not playing music. *sigh* third amp and most expensive ive spent way too much on amps on this car.

I replaced all my RCA's recently. 4 guage wiring from knu konceptz and UL cert 16 radioshack guage wiring for the speakers.

What should I check?

Last edited by harman.khinda; 07-17-2018 at 11:53 PM.
harman.khinda is offline   Reply With Quote