View Single Post
Old 07-17-2018, 04:56 AM   #23 (permalink)
RonRizz
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2 feet, 3 pedals
RonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond reputeRonRizz has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by harman.khinda View Post

I have 4 channels to work with from the amp. I've read that active crossovers are better than passive. Would I get noticeably better SQ by running my tweeters and woofers all to separate channels and using the amp as a crossover (hi-pass filter) instead of the passive crossovers? How do I find how much power to send to the tweets vs. woofers and what crossover frequency to use for each?
Active crossovers are considered to be better because of the amount of control they give you over your seperate components, as well as the small amount of power loss that is adherent to using passives.... A true active setup must come through a processor, whether it be outboard, or built into your head unit. using the crossovers on your amp, in my opinion, is just not worth the effort it takes to set crossover points correctly, as well as levels, for your particular speakers. the passive does all that for you, at the points the manufacturer recommends for the speakers.
Without processing, I'd leave the passives on.
P99rs Head Unit--- Amps- 2 Pioneer Prs800d --- Zapco ST1000MX---Zapco ST-4XSQ---- SI BM mk5 Subs---SI TM65v2 Midbass--- SI M3 mids--- SI M25 xbl2 tweeters ----- 2016 MECA street class 3rd place at world finals
RonRizz is offline   Reply With Quote