View Single Post
Old 07-16-2018, 10:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
harman.khinda
Enthusiast Member

Drives: 10 Nissan 370 PG 7AT
harman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond reputeharman.khinda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonRizz View Post
Will the amp produce less heat at 2 ohms vs 4? Likely more heat.
Will the extra cu ftage gained make an improvement in sound? more than likely, but possibly not enough to hear the difference. Adding polyfill to the enclosure will improve things for you. 1lb per cu ft.
It causes the sub to react as if it has more air volume than there actually is.
Most say a 10% increase, some argue higher.
Dont forget you need to deduct the space your woofer consumes from your total box volume as well.
Thanks, bro. The amp has made all the difference; waay better sound quality and way louder. I'll probably go with the upfire config and polyfill just to squeeze out a little extra SQ.

I have 4 channels to work with from the amp. I've read that active crossovers are better than passive. Would I get noticeably better SQ by running my tweeters and woofers all to separate channels and using the amp as a crossover (hi-pass filter) instead of the passive crossovers? How do I find how much power to send to the tweets vs. woofers and what crossover frequency to use for each?
harman.khinda is offline   Reply With Quote