View Single Post
Old 07-13-2018, 09:13 AM   #5541 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLarson View Post
Same basic idea in the machine shop world. Worked in a small shop a few years ago with a couple of my brothers and some good friends. My brother Joe was notorious for this... he'd send newbies to find the "metal stretcher" with the actual description "it adds metal back on a surface when you've cut too much off". We could reliably gauge someone's IQ from watching how they responded. The people who went looking without questioning it were destined for failure.

My favorite was when he told a guy named Chris to ask me for a "Left handed BA-11 Tap" knowing I'd figure it out. When he asked, I looked at him, grinned, stood so he was on my left, and raised my hand and said "Chris, due to our long friendship, I'm going to ask you to rethink that request."

Him: "Oh... oh man. I should've known Joe seemed way too happy when he told me to go get that."
hahha.. I sure do miss the shenanigans that happens when you get a group of good guys together. Along these lines, I had a platoon sgt who used to always say that you have to be 10 percent smarter than the equipment youre working with!
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace