Thread: How is your top
View Single Post
Old 07-12-2018, 08:51 AM   #105 (permalink)
Godzirra
Base Member

Drives: 2014 GT-R Jet Black
Godzirra is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone. I have a 2010 BC Roadster. I am the original owner and I finally hit 19,000 miles. My convertible had been garaged for all of its life until the last three months. I was at 14,000 miles when I decided to drive my Roadster from AZ to NC to enjoy. (I didn’t drive with the top down much as it just sat there next to it’s big brother.) My top was in excellent condition without any issues. For the past month, my Z has been in and out of the body shop for rock chip repairs. It’s been a nightmare to say the least. The body shop had to reset my windows and called me asking for the reset sequence. Lol Thanks to this forum, I was able to provide that info. Well, they did reset my window but it was catching the convertible top upon opening and closing of my doors. Passenger side was very hard to open. It sat very high in the upper rear corner of the window. I had Nissan print out the TSB reference # NTB10-146 “2010-2011 370Z Roadster Door Windows Contacting Soft Top” and gave the shop a chance to make it right per my insurance. My Z is now at the Nissan dealership having that TSB worked on. When I went to the dealership to take some pics ( before any work was started) I noticed that there was a small tear on the rubber part that the window was in contact with. A metal part was protruding from underneath the rubber and was scraping the top edge of my passenger window. I included pics for you guys to see. I spoke to the parts guy and he did mention that this part is still available. He did confirm that it WAS NOT part of the main top assembly and I would not have to replace the entire top. This story is not over as this has been addressed and the shop will be liable for the repair. I’m not sure if the Nissan service tech has to take apart the top to replace the part. I’ll keep you guys posted with parts and labor costs when that time comes. I am missing so many parts on my car from the body shop’s FUBAR, but that’s another story. I am including pic of the part number and it’s highlighted for your viewing pleasures.

*sorry, looks like the first pic is upside down for some reason.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B49078FE-2ED2-469E-86AE-92E56EDCA868.jpg (284.3 KB, 35 views)
File Type: jpg 28D6C24C-9C01-45F9-9D2B-284CA61A10DD.jpg (312.8 KB, 32 views)