View Single Post
Old 07-11-2018, 07:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yaoxiao4 View Post
I would really advise against full stiff rear, I would actually do the opposite. Heck I don't even run after market rear sways. Being full stiff rear is going to make the Z very very unpredictable at the limit, sure you might start to oversteer not but it's not going to be the fun type, it's going to snap at you

if you have camber arms then I would actually go even more negative to like -2.5
While I agree that in a typical setup for an FR car that is seeing track duty this would make the car snap oversteer, the problem is the OP is saying that his car is massively understeering now and after reviewing everything he has and the things he's not willing to change, he is really backing himself into a corner. So either he stiffens the rear via the sway bar, full stiff is probably too aggressive so maybe soften the front sway bar to the softest setting instead and leave the rear in the middle or wherever it's currently at. Or he has to play with camber and toe, my guess is that if I'm running a square setup with -3.25 front camber and -2.4 rear he's going to need more negative camber than me to get close to the same feeling i'm getting. That brings in a whole new problem with tire wear due to the camber.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrodz View Post
LMAO, yes there are many opinions on this subject and you are free to pick which ever method you like but you asked for suggestions and recommendations so you got them. A few of us have been down this road and have received solid advice from others which include professional racecar drivers that also work on their cars. Eagle knows what he is talking about as he the fastest NA track day Z driver I know and I have seen his times drop dramatically since his last upgrades and tuning to his suspension.

Anyway, a soft setting on the Whiteline will be stiffer than the oem bar. Just be careful because it you get it wrong you can end up with snap understeer and that is about as scary of a mistake you can make with your suspension. Trust me as it has happened to me a couple of times during spirited driving and my seat has stains that can't be removed, lol. Good luck and keep us updated.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks for having my back Bob, you da man In all seriousnes everything i've learned about suspension has been from my driving coach, my friends who have been doing time attack for years, the racers who have come before me on this forum and the past 12 months of tracking that have allowed me to test and tune and see what really works and doesn't.

@igota21incher The ball's in your court dude, there are different schools of thought on how to tune the car to your liking but it really comes down to you. Caution should be exercised whatever the case may be.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote