View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 11:03 PM   #9 (permalink)
bunk
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 2010 370z Roadster
bunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond reputebunk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilvers View Post
I too have never heard of the Mobil 1 oil filter filter media coming apart it’s hard to believe. I hope you are doing your oil changes on time on your Z? The synthetic filter media is the same on the K&N and Mobil 1 oil filters just a different spring,hub,and case. The K&N and Mobil 1 oil filters are both great quality oil filters to use on your Z. The only oil filter I ever seen where the media came apart was a Fram oil filter as the the Fram oil filters use low quality card board media. I would never use any Fram filter on my Z. You definitely want to choice an oil filter that uses synthetic media in there oil filters and a strong case a specially if you are going to be using an oil cooler on your Z.
I bought this car used and from the car fax, it seems the previous two owners had the oil changed at the dealers every 3k miles.what type oil and filter they used, I have no clue. I've been doing every 2.5k with mobil1 oil and filter.
I dont think it's from cheap paper filters because whatever it is has elastic properties. It doesnt just RIP if you tug on them. Just kind of stretched before breaking. I'm gonna contact mobile1 and see what their input is.
-Drop in K&N Filter -Invidia Gemini CBE -Z1 Oil Cooler -Swift Springs - EcuTek -Forgestar F14 -SPL Camber Links -Akebono BBK Upgrade -Z1 Premium SS Lines -SPL Diff Bushings -SPL FUCAs - BellRaceworks Diff Brace
bunk is offline   Reply With Quote