View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 07:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Eagle
Track Member

Drives: 2011 370z Red 6MT
Eagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond reputeEagle has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by igota21incher View Post
Thanks for the thorough explanation, however going with a different wheel and tire setup for the street is a no-go since I decided on the combo for a cosmetic approach, I will eventually have a dedicated track set for when I do start tracking. With that being said, is there a way to dial it out with camber/sway bar adjustments? At this point I’ll take the stock understeer feeling since the car was more responsive at the limits..
Stock understeer more responsive? I drove on that setup for awhile and had no idea how bad it would understeer until i did my first track day. It was particularly heinous in the skid pad at Streets of Willow CW. That was anything but responsive to me, wheel completely cranked, full lock and the car would not turn, on throttle or off throttle.

Anyway, if you're not gonna bother touching your rebound and compression which is IMHO the easier and less expensive thing to do, then yeah...you have no choice but to try alignment and swaybar settings.

Try going stiffer on the rear bar and see if that helps. If not then you can try adding camber and toe. Toe out in the rear will make it want to oversteer, increasing camber up front will get you more grip on corner entry and should increase oversteer as well. Your camber settings will need to move up into the -2 and -3 territory to get the result you want.

Highly recommend the SPL stuff too especially if you have track aspirations.

nismo| EVO-R High Wing | Stillen Gen 3 CAI | SEIBON TS Hood | Z1 34 Row Oil Cooler | VMR 810 Wheels | Endless MX72 Pads |Sabelt GT-140 Seat |Fly1Motorsports RS1 Fenders | Hotchkis Front Sway Bar | Berk HFC |
Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote