View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 05:19 PM   #75 (permalink)
Magic Bus
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 17 6MT M2
Magic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond reputeMagic Bus has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benibiker View Post
Tony Nissan here on Oahu used to be the same way about 8 years ago. They played the same game with me, low balling my Mini, adding $4k above invoice to their cars due to "market value" and just playing games. That one time I walked out and was getting home (east side) and I get a call from them, "come back, the GM really liked you, he'll work with you". I was pissed, I told them there was no way I would drive all the way back there unless they met or at least half way met my price. He couldn't guarantee that so I hung up and bought a Lexus IS350. Fast forward 8 years and I want a Z again so I try them and they're a completely different dealership. I was very happy dealing with them this time around with my '17 Touring. The car was highly discounted, they treated me with respect, the car was cleaned up and the whole deal was perfect with no games.
Yes, That's where I bought my 13Z in 2012. I had their Fleet Sales Manager, John Kakazu, who used to work for Servco (Toyota) for 15 plus years before moving to Tony. Servco, as you may know, does not sell any of their cars above MSRP, whether it be Chevrolet, Subaru or Toyota.

John took the same approach as Servco, no additional BS mark up above MSRP on any Nissan cars at Tony, even the GTR, if they had one in stock. He was a pleasure to work with and I ended up getting a very good deal on the Z. Unfortunately, John has passed away since then, and the auto sales world has lost a truly good one.
Magic Bus is offline   Reply With Quote