View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 02:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
igota21incher
Base Member

Drives: 07 civic
igota21incher is on a distinguished road
Default Holy Understeer!

Hi Guys--after installing the following mods, I've managed to create a massive amount of understeer which is killing my enjoyment on the twisties. After doing some research, the new (unfavorable) handling characteristic may be attributed to the large stagger between the front/rear tires. From what I've read, this could be remedied by increasing camber in the front and installing some sway bars. With the following mod list and suspension settings in mind, could anyone give me some solid recommendation for a street friendly way to improve the handling where the car is able to communicate every turn without plowing through it or kicking the back end out excessively?

19x9.5 +15 255/35 (f) 19x11 +13 305/30 (r) on Michelin PS4S
KW v3 set to middle dampening settings from KW--I like the ride quality on these settings so would no prefer to mess around with compression/rebound.
SPC front and rear camber kit
Whiteline front and rear Sway Bars with end links
Dropped down to two finger gap front and rear--would not like to go any lower.

Current Alignment Specs:

I was thinking to increasing camber to -2 in front and keeping rear at around -1.5 to assist with turn-in.

In addition to the camber settings, which sway bar settings would you recommend on the whitelines?

I heard that soft front and middle rear is a good starting point?

Thanks in advance!
igota21incher is offline   Reply With Quote