View Single Post
Old 07-10-2018, 05:17 AM   #6 (permalink)
BGTV8
A True Z Fanatic

Drives: 09 Nissan 370Z M6
BGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond reputeBGTV8 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koz1614 View Post
Whats goin on fellas,

Got the much talked about rattle/buzzing after installing the AAM Resonated Short Tails. I have searched and searched, watched videos and tried so many different things. Bottom line is, rattle occurs both when all the plastic is removed from the hatch and attached w/ weather stripping. I also have taken the plastic off exposing the trunk latch. I tried moving the latch all the way down, adding pennies to the springs, removing the weight. No solution yet. Sounds like it is definitely coming from the rear passenger side but could be resonating from elsewhere..In addition to hearing the rattle when accelerating, I hear one when going over bumps - coming from the same spot. Anyone have any ideas or want to share their own personal experiences where I should check?

-Koz
In Oz there was a service bulletin that replaced the springs that sit under a couple of rubber "bumpers" in the hatch slam panel - the hatch closes onto them "just-so" that there is some upward pressure on the hatch but not sufficient to stop the latch closing.

Mine were replaced in 2010 under warranty and I've done a bodge once since, but now is intending race-car, super-stiff springs and CBF doing it any more.

Is this your problem ??

Last edited by BGTV8; 07-10-2018 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Can't spell
BGTV8 is offline   Reply With Quote